Welcome to Cookridge Primary School.. We aim to ensure that your family enjoy a long and successful relationship with us and are very much looking forward to working with you and your family . We hope that you will find out everything you need to know about school life on our website, but if there is anything we can do to help you and your child settle into school, please do get in touch.
A full outline of key information as you and your child prepare to start school with us can be found in the School Prospectus. Below are the headline facts which will help you begin to get to grips with everything...
- School opens at 8.45 am and closes at 3.05 pm.
- The recommended uniform includes GREY skirt or trousers, WHITE polo shirt and RED sweatshirt or cardigan (available to buy at the office). Black shoes or trainers may be worn.
- PE kit is required each week and includes plain navy blue shorts, a plain white t-shirt and plimsolls or trainers for outdoor use. PE kit should be kept in a named bag.
- Please name EVERY item of clothing so that it can be returned to you if mislaid. Lost property without a name will be placed in the lost property box in the hall.
- Your child may choose to continue to come home for dinner, to bring a packed lunch from home or to have a school dinner. We ask that you give 2 week’s notice at the school office for a change of dinner option. The cost of school meals is available in the school prospectus or by contacting Mrs Lucas in the school office. The correct amount should be sent to school on a Monday morning in a named envelope or purse. Cheques are acceptable and should be made payable to ‘Leeds City Council’.
- Please ensure that we have accurate and up to date contact details so that you can be contacted in an emergency. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to these details immediately that they occur.
- Medicines cannot be routinely administered in school. If your child takes medication as a result of a lifelong illness, or is taking prescription medication FOUR times a day for a defined period please contact us to discuss how we can support you in ensuring the wellbeing of your child.
- It is important that we are advised of all absences by letter or telephone on the first day. A member of the school staff will contact parents by telephone if we have not heard of a reason for absence.
- If your child has any medical problems of which you think we should be aware then please let us know as soon as possible so that we can maintain accurate records and be adequately prepared.
- You will receive a weekly school newsletter each Friday and should read this to keep abreast of school news and upcoming events. This - and other news - can also be followed via 'Mrs B's Blog'.
- Each Key Phase maintains a blog where day to day news and information will be shared. Please keep an eye on the blogs as they are an important source of information.
- From time to time, school will also send TEXT messages to parents via our PARENTMAIL service. This is especially true of urgent messages. Please ask at the office if you have not subscribed to Parentmail.
- Before and after school care, pre-school and nursery education are all available. Further information can be found in our Before & After School Care section.