Weather: School Closures
During recent years, extreme weather conditions have had an impact on a school's capacity to remain open during the winter months. Many schools in Leeds have closed where the school site is deemed unsafe for families to access school before/after the school day and also where insufficient members of school staff have been able to get to school to guarantee the safety and well being of all pupils in school.
Whilst we endeavour to remain open during any period of wintry weather, please note the following procedures should a closure be deemed necessary.
- A decision will be taken as early as possible and communications sent to all parties. Any delay in making a decision will often be as a result of awaiting news of the respective car journeys of school based staff. Please do not attempt to contact school during this time as it is essential that phone lines remain open for this vital communication with staff.
- Upon reaching a decision that school will close, a TEXT message will be distributed to all parents and carers. Please ensure that you have supplied your details to office staff in order that you can be included in any such urgent mailing.
- A second message will be posted on Mrs B's Blog and the school website.
- We will notify Radio Aire/Radio Leeds so that they are able to include our school in their updated bulletins and on their website.
- If you do not hear anything from us, please assume school is open as usual.
Please be assured that I would only take the decision to close our school in exceptional circumstances where your child's safety is the primary concern. Thank you for your cooperation during these difficult circumstances.