Cookridge Primary School
Together we Achieve the Extraordinary
Cookridge Primary School recognises that safeguarding encompasses the duties of child protection and promoting the rights and welfare of children. As such, it is:
- Everyone’s responsibility to safeguard children
- Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play
- Everyone working with children maintains an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ (Keeping Children Safe in Education, July 2015).
And we believe:
- Schools can contribute to the prevention of abuse.
- All children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Children need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse.
- Children need to be safe and feel safe in school.
Specifically, these responsibilities apply to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school, to contractors, supply staff and visitors during any interactions they may have with children.
Summary of in-school procedures to follow where there are concerns about a child